1) Working through some issues at EMA. Anyone who knows me knows that issues at my place of employment generally shut down my entire life.
2) When I turn on my car it says "Check Gas Cap". The gas cap is on. I know I am not very smart with cars but...this seems to be a problem.
3) Highly worried there will not be enough Sam Adams Oktoberfest beer at Wal-Mart when I go to prepare for Oktoberfest, which occurs this Saturday from 3:00pm to 9:00pm at my house (with traditional after-hour antics upstairs)!
I've debated writing blogs on Barney Frank and Chris Dodd (two leaders of the Democrat party when it comes to the bailout plan) telling us of how the Republicans shut down the bill that would have bailed out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac...even though they have accepted millions of dollars in campaign funding from these organizations (along with McCain and Obama) and, interestingly enough, voted AGAINST regulation of these institutions in 2005?!?! Does it seem like they have their own agendas?
I've debated writing blogs on Sarah Palin's apparent inability to provide straightforward responses on the economy, global warming, Supreme Court cases...the list goes on. Brilliant pick politically, and I am not saying she should be dropped from the ticket...I just think she better clear her head before the debate on Thursday.
I've debated writing blogs on McCain criticizing Obama for "phoning it in" when it came to the bailout plan, even though he literally sat at his home office in Virginia "phoning it in" the weekend before the vote. I have also debated writing blogs on the criticism McCain has taken for inserting himself in the bailout process before last week's debate...while his counterpart did nothing. Politics aside, one has to admit McCain did the right thing?
So why haven't I written the aforemntioned blogs? Besides the initial three reasons listed at the beginning of this post? I've been too busy taking it all in...
I turned to Bill O'Reilly in an effort to rid myself of the garbage spewed nightly by Olbermann on MSNBC. I have a new cable news line-up that I think is the proper balance...and I have been learning more than ever before.
7:00pm - Hardball with Chris Matthew on MSNBC - I still think this is a pretty fair show with an excellent host, and I am really hoping Chris doesn't let me down.
8:00pm - O'Reilly Factor with Bill O'Reilly on FOX News - The best show possible to get a FAIR, conservative viewpoint...Bill really does tell it like it is, although with an obvious bias to the right.
9:00pm - The Rachel Maddow Show with Rachel Maddow on MSNBC - I think she is just as biased as Olbermann...but it is important to listen to all sides, and at least she doesn't make me want to throw a brick through one of those hotel windows overlooking Niagara Falls and jump out into the rapids.

In short...to follow up on my post that compared American journalism vs. British journalism...I am going to try the British model for a while. I want to try and get something non-biased (Hardball - although the host is quite biased, at least the questioning is fair) but I also want to hear something biased that is really trying to seek the truth, and not necessarily a fair representation of both sides (insert Bill and Rachel, polar opposites - man I would love to put them in the same room with one another).
Anyways...thats it for me.
Until we meet again, goodbye!
Joe can you do me a favor and write a blog describing just exactly what the effects of this bailout would be? All I'm hearing from everywhere I turn is that without this bailout, our "economy could be crushed!" (cue lightning in the background)
ReplyDeleteWhat I want to know is: what happens if we sit back, say "well, shouldn't have given all those poor people loans (and the rest of you, you shouldn't have then bought up those loans when THOSE companies failed)", and let these companies fail?
The only reason I would like to see this happen is that this whole bailout business scares me- you know that when the government gets their hands on something, they're loathe to let go (I mean, even the income tax wasn't supposed to be permanent!)- I'm not sure I want the government controlling $700(+) billion of my economy...
Anyway- that's why I'm writing this; I need someone who actually knows what they're talking about to give me the gist of this thing.