Saturday, September 20, 2008

Microsoft Fights Back!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10045384-56.html?tag=rtcol;pop

I just thought this article was awesome from a marketing perspective. Microsoft is finally taking aim at Apple, and the marketing angle is fascinating; to show that Microsoft ties people together from all over the globe. That is one powerful message; imagine how different our lives would be without Microsoft? Think of the all the computer users in the world that operate on Windows; think of all the great things that have been accomplished with Windows software in the background? Think of how the experience of using a computer would be different without growing up with Windows (and I assume that 99% of the people who would be reading my blog worked with Windows before seeing what Apple had to offer).

Also interesting is the nature of the campaign; while Apple takes direct aim at Microsoft, Microsoft is working to show not just how awesome of a company they are, and not just their influence; but their goal of uniting the planet with their software.

It should be noted that I am completely, 100% biased towards Microsoft (although I have switched to the Firefox browser - Internet Explorer is just too slow).

No comments:

Post a Comment