Sunday, October 18, 2009

This is Offensive!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/17/illegal.immigrant.costume/index.html

Brace yourself for some conservative ranting! It appears some are offended by an illegal immigrant costume being sold at various retailers throughout the country. Here is an excerpt from this article:

"Guillermo Iglesias said both of his parents were illegal immigrants in the United States. He felt the costumes were offensive because they depicted illegal immigrants as 'not one of us.'"

'I have a lot of illegal immigrant friends,' said Iglesias. 'If I showed them that costume, it would really hurt them.'"

Where should I begin? I do not care that illegal immigrants are depicted by this costume as "not one of us." Guess what? They should not be one of us! I also do not care that some view the costume as "offensive." Do you know what I find offensive? Someone breaking our laws to enter this country, and then benefiting from the great things this country has to offer without paying taxes like the rest of us.

I wish Obama would have tackled the illegal immigration issue before healthcare. I do understand the importance of healthcare for the economy (I know I am going to have to pay a higher premium this year, if I am lucky enough to still be employed). But illegal immigration is an economic issue and a national security issue, which makes it more important in my mind.

Until we meet again, goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment