Sunday, July 5, 2009

Republican Tidbits

I just wanted to pass along some interesting items I read in the news today:

1) Colin Powell, after supporting President Obama during election season, is concerned about the increasing size of government and the amount of national debt. "'The right answer is, give me a government that works, keep it as small as possible,' said Powell, who said he stays in touch with Obama and has spoken to him recently." Read the whole article here: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/04/supporting-obamas-campaign-powell-skeptical-presidents-spending-priorities/.

2) Apparently, over 70% of Republicans would choose Palin as their first pick in 2012: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/05/palin/. Check out Drew and I's fifth podcast for my thoughts on why I think Palin would be bad for the Republican party.

I support Palin's decision to step down as governor of Alaska. Reading this article made me understand the personal toll she is taking from the media and the expense it is causing taxpayers. I am, however, quite certain she would lose if running for President. Maybe Palin should stick to fundraising and advancing key parts of her agenda that she is knowledgeable about, such as energy policy.

That is all I have for now. Until we meet again, goodbye!

1 comment:

  1. The thought of Palin as the forerunner for the Republican party in 2012 makes me want to throw up a little.

    ReplyDelete