Yeah, it has been a while since I posted. I have been busy going to New York City, Niagara Falls, golfing, and sitting out on my porch. I even went to the Lilac Festival for a night. It's good to dust myself off every once in a while...
Have you heard Tom Golisano is moving? To Europe? The Caribbean? Maybe some other glamorous location? Nope, just to Florida. To save money on taxes. By living in Florida for just over 180 days a year, Golisano can claim Florida residency, saving him $13,800 a day in taxes - which is over $5 million a year!
Golisano is doing what I wish I had the guts to do. Instead of complaining about being over taxed and having my state reduced to an economic dead zone, Golisano is up and moving to a place with a better tax climate. If more follow his steps, the results will be catastrophic for New York.
When one gas station charges $4.00 for gas, and the one across the street charges $3.00 for gas, we almost always choose the station that is charging $3.00. Yeah, the $4.00 station may have a smaller line, and maybe even a better location, but if no one is paying the quality will suffer or the prices will have to go up even further. That is basically what is happening in this state right now. I sure hope the state gets its act together before I have the option to move...
Until we meet again, goodbye!
No comments:
Post a Comment